Friday, June 17, 2011

Chocolate Almond Streusel...Again!





I am afraid of heights...My legs would wobble every time I stepped into an elevator as soon as it springs to the 15th....16th....20th...30th...50th floors. My legs would turn jelly and  goosebumps start to form on my skin when Im riding on an escalator en route to the 5th floor at least. And so skydiving or bungee jumping or riding on a roller coaster wont do me. I digress.  I have ridden a roller coaster just once in my distant past.  And I have been to the top of the duomo of the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (in Italy) but there was no elevator so I took 414 steps to climb and reach the very top of the campanile. And I did parasailing in Boracay, one time. Just because. Or to prove a point or two. But never again. :) 

And so Im always in awe of those brave people who scale the Sydney Harbour bridge or take the roller coaster ride in Enchanted Kingdom in Santa Rosa Laguna, Philippines or view the magnificent  360 degrees view of the city on top of Taipei 101 or withstand the long line just to avail of those tickets to get into the viewing deck of the Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I often wonder how different the endorphins of these human beings be...definitely far more superior than my feeble "neurotransmitters". Lol. Its all in the mind after all. And Im afraid, my mind says stay on the ground.

Oh well! I might as well do my own version of the Twin Towers huh. And so I baked Chocolate Almond Streusel, not one but two of these beautiful cake/bread; one for my little boy and the other one for my boys at work to share. And so I baked them within the comforts of my kitchen...my endorphins springing in cosmic proportions; a different rush surging through my body but....on a stable ground.

My mind says Im better off cooking and baking than scaling heights....literally!


For the recipe, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...