Sunday, July 31, 2011

Home-made "Over the top" David's Pizza alla Arby's





I have perfected baking this type of pizza to a T. While my little boy came up with the toppings idea during our first pizza night, I have refined well and truly the recipe. In fact I could no longer remember how countless times I made this pizza for my little boy.

I have over-emphasized the importance of Less is more in making your own pizza. Do not overload your pizza with toppings. Let me say that again, don't overload lest your pizza gets too soggy and lest the Neo-Napolitans turn in their grave. A true pizza is simple. and it is the simple truth.

Making my own pizza in fact has a significant and deeply seated meaning in my baking life as well. I baked because in my mind I am continuing the legacy of the "greatest cook known to man", whom I simply call "my dearest Mommy". 

Mommy has whipped up the most complexed menu one could ever imagine, Mommy in her glory and all, simply liked pizza. It was her favourite food in the whole wide world. 

For someone - whose magic wand in the kitchen can whip up the most complexed or creative dish ever known - to favor pizza as her favourite food is simply beyond me and hard to fathom in epicurean world. :)



Ingredients:

1 dough recipe 
Click here for the dough recipe and other instructions

Tomato-based:
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 can whole tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste (pizza flavour)
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
a good dash of salt

Toppings:
8 pieces of salami
6 pieces pepperoni
4 small anchovies in oil
4 slices of marinated artichoke
50 grams (or less) chopped black olives
100 grams mushroom
2 handful of grated mozzarella
1/3 cup of grated parmesan and strong cheddar combined

Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C (200 C for fan-forced oven)

Tomato based sauce:
Heat up pot with olive oil, when oil is already hot, stir in all ingredients in medium-low heat. Continue cooking for 30 minutes while stirring it every now and then to avoid tomato sticking on the pan. Let cool.

Toppings:
Spread tomato sauce. Dont put too much.
Arrange Salami, pepperoni, anchovies, black olives and mushrooms on top of dough
Sprinkle with a handful of mozzarella and 1/3 cup of other cheeses

Bake for 15 minutes then remove pizza from oven to sprinkle another handful of mozzarella on top. Bake for another 5 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...