Saturday, March 12, 2011

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken






This is the very first dish that I ever cooked for my little boy during our courtship and I reckon I have left a lasting effect on him, so lasting that we are now married. Lol!
In this case,  first impression lasts forever. And the saying is true, " the way to a man's heart is through his stomach".
Trust me, this one is good.


Ingredients:
500g of chicken thigh deboned (with skin of course. Hehehe.)
1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
lemon
salt and pepper
1/4 cup soy & sesame ginger sauce ( if you cant find a bottle of this in the grocery, then just combine soy sauce, minced ginger and sesame oil)
a dash of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of mirin ( if you cant find this in the grocery, then ignore), for some reason, putting mirin makes a big difference in the taste, making your teriyaki chicken more Japanese-ish.
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds

Marinate your chicken with all the ingredients for at least one hour. I usually marinate my chicken overnight or at least 6 hours for "lasting" effect. :)) Then grill to perfection. Hah!
If you are too lazy to prepare your grill then use a wide frying pan then fry...







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...