Monday, March 28, 2011

Marmer Chiffon Cake




The sky is the limit! And I so wanted the cake to rise and reach the sky. Figuratively of course. Like the clouds across the sky, it has to be fluffy and soft like a pillow. A perfectly baked chiffon cake has to rise so high and have a texture that is fluffy and spongy. And the number of times I baked this cake?  A LOT to the point that my little boy finally had his say, "Enough baby! I couldnt eat it anymore." Hahaha! For two consecutive weeks, I baked this cake on end, using different recipes until I finally found the one which can make the cake reach the sky so high. I know I can be so anal about the reaching the sky part but there is no other way for me but to bake it perfectly. Im also hang up about the accuracy of the measurement, while cooking is an art, baking is a science after all so please follow the instructions to the letter and your cake will reach the sky...

Ingredients
(A)
7 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
100g sugar

(B)
7 egg yolks
100g sugar
175g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
75 ml cooking oil
150 ml of full cream milk (I used skimmed milk, no special reason, that's the only one we have in the fridge. Lol!)
1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp cocoa powder 
1 tsp chocolate paste 


Method
1. Stir (B) until blended, set aside - (I whisk egg yolks and sugar first, then add oil and milk.. I then fold in sifted flour, baking powder and salt gently and put it aside)
2. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until bubbly, add sugar a little at a time and continue to whip until soft peak.
3. Take 1/3 of egg white mixture and add into egg yolk mixture.. fold in gently bef pouring the rest of egg yolk mixture into egg white. Divide batter equally into two portions and add cocoa powder and paste into one portion.
4. Spoon white batter and chocolate batter alternately into a 22cm chiffon pan.. bake it at 170C for 45mins.
5. Lift, turn the pan on the neck of the bottle, let stand until cold. Once cool, remove cake from pan with the help of a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...