Monday, April 25, 2011

Almond Donut




I thought the sun's not going to come out today...I woke up late and the first thing I saw across our terrace was the city all fogged out. What to do during a day so bleak? Arm with my kitchen gadgets, I gather my acts together, and started kneading my dough away...

And just when I was starting to fry my donuts, I slowly felt the warmth of the sun on my right cheek and sun rays streaming down through our glass door at the terrace...

And as happy as I am how my donuts came out, the sun was blaring its gladness, and quite noticeably now, warm and mighty albeit not scorching hot.

The day ended beautifully after all.

---------

I am writing this post with Ate Zaidia in mind as well - good friend (her sister Jiji and I were good friends back in high school), globe trotter, and one who encouraged me to start a blog of my own. 

Thank you. Like my donuts and the sun today, you are beautiful...
*Snagged from www.bisousatoi.com

What's good with these donuts is that it does not require baking.

Ingredients
(A)
500g high protein flour - bread flour
100g sugar
11g instant yeast
4 egg yolks
200 ml water

(B)
100g butter / margarine
1 tsp salt

200g White Cooking Chocolate - melted
100g Almond Slice - roastrd


Method:
Stir ingredients A, knead until lumpy, add ingredients B, continue to knead until smooth elastic.
Rest dough for 10 minutes.. divide dough into several balls weighing 40g each.
Rest for a further 20 minutes.
Punch a hole through the middle, then fry until cooked. Drain. Chill.
Dip one side surface of the donut in the melted chocolate, sprinkle almond.
Place donut in fridge to harden chocolate..

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...