Friday, April 22, 2011

Home-made Thin-crust Proscuitto rocket alla marinara Pizza




My darling little boy has been harping on making pizzas at home for a long time, Oh, let me re-phrase that: My darling little boy has been sending innuendos for me to cook some home-made pizzas for him.

Get the drift? :))

His eyes lit up when I told him that I have a surprise for him; showed him my recent purchase of a pizza stone that was on sale. And this simply converts to home-made pizza night for us.

I should have taken some photos of my little boy during our pizza night together as he had me in stitches; he was so excited, babbling away with the thought of doing his own pizza (this means I prepare the dough and tomato sauce of course,  and bake the whole pizza while he does the toppings...only)  and giddy that simply melt my heart away.

(Note: Pizza with toppings made by my darling little boy (read: husband) will be featured in the next blog entry)

A mere smile from my little boy makes me spring high, sends me springing to stratosphere and thugs my heart strings. So what more of a pizza night with 3 different flavors in tow? Im a breathless! 

It is LOVE.

:))



For recipe of pizza dough and tomato sauce, please click here

Ingredients:
1 Quantity basic pizza dough
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
55 g/2 oz capers
100g/ 3 1/2 oz black olives
200g/7 oz Bel Paese cheese, grated (I opted to use mozzarella cheese instead)
Salt and pepper
Olive oil to drizzle
3-4 slices of proscuitto
Handful of rocket leaves

Preheat the over to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7.
Distribute the tomatoes over the dough. Season with the garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Scatter over the capers and olives and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Drizzle over the oil, then bake in the preheated over for about 15-20 minutes.

Remove pizza from oven, put some slices of proscuitto and a handful of rocket









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...