Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pasta with tuna, capers, green olives and pine nuts


I know, I know, I have been slacking off with my food blog of late and Im sorry... I must have been very tired lately. There are just so much on my plate at the moment that it takes all my will power to just do anything after a day's worth in the grind. But opening this blog and sharing the wonders of cooking and baking is a commitment. And albeit the days are getting harder and the nights are getting colder in my scheme of things,  cooking and baking remain my passion. I haven't stopped baking and cooking, really.  Nor had I stopped taking photos. I was, slacking off producing food blog entries and that's just being politically correct. Lol!

So without further ado, here is another dish amongst a few of pasta dishes I have created...
Ingredients:

250-300grams pasta
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 can of tuna in olive oil 
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 white medium onion, minced
2 tablespoons of capers
2 tablespoons of green olives stuffed with pimiento
1 lemon
2 tablespoons italian herbs
2 tablespoons pine nuts
white wine
1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Cook the pasta following package directions.  Drain, and keep aside,.
Heat the oil and add garlic and onion. When the veggies had turned translucent, add in tuna, and cook for 2 minutes, stir then add capers and green olives, half of the lemon, salt and pepper, sugar (optional) and italian herbs,  a few dashes of white wine, pine nuts then stir and taste if the taste is balance.

Add the spaghetti to the frying pan and stir it around to reheat and coat it evenly with sauce.  Add the other half of the lemon. Season to taste with salt and  pepper  (if needed), Remove from heat. Plate your pasta, drizzle with olive oil and top it with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...