Friday, April 22, 2011

Pan-fried salmon with herbs lemon dressing





I went to St. Patrick's Cathedral yesterday at lunchtime hoping to catch its Thursday mass. I know it was like hoping against hope because usually during lenten season the masses are set on a different time. While praying and still hoping for the usual daily 1pm mass, a lady guard quietly approached me and whispered that the church will be closed at 1pm, and so with after I-should-have-known-better moment, I said my thanks giving to the good God and hurriedly ushered myself out of the church, On my way out, as I was about to do my one last glance and prayers towards the altar, I saw a lone person in the corner, the last person left in one of the pews still praying, with his shoulder slumped onwards and quietly praying with his hands clasped together and crying his heart out....His quandary seems to echo within the hallow corners of the majestic Cathedral. The scene has affected me a great deal and as I write this, I can feel my eyes welling up once more. With prayers for my own needs easily discarded, I offered my prayers for that lone person I saw yesterday instead. Where ever he is, whoever he is, may he find peace in his heart and our prayers heard by heavens above.  

There are events, and/or people that affect us in many ways than one in our lives. People come and go in our lives for a reason.  And in many ways than one, we learn from our experiences, they either bring joy  or  sorrow but..."the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return", (Toulouse-Lautrec, Moulin Rouge). 

So, I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope.


*Snagged and tweaked from Guy Grossi's Family Feaster for Good Friday (which I cut out from Woolworth's grocery junk mail)

Ingredients
1 tbsp chopped oregano
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped marjoram
1 clove garlic, chopped
Finely grated rind & juice of 1 lemon
100 ml olive oil (extra for cooking, approx 2-3 tbsps)
8X100-150g salmon fillets, or 4 large 200g portions sliced in half
Pinch of salt and twist of ground pepper
Lemon wedges to serve

Method
1. In a small bowl or food processor, whisk together the chopped herbs, garlic, zest, juice and oil. Season to taste.
2. Heat a large fry pan over medium heat, add some oil. Season salmon, cook one side for 2 minutes. Turn salmon over, cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking (Oh yes, since I love my salmon crispy and crunchy, I cooked them longer)
3. Drizzle dressing over and serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...