Thursday, February 10, 2011

About Me

*Lifted from my facebook*




Growing up, baking was never my strong point or so I thought. I was never given then the opportunity for the simple reason that my beautiful Mom was the baker extra-ordinaire. You don’t bake, you just eat, was the mantra. The farthest I have gone was leche flan (caramel custard) and blueberry cheesecake, if you can call it baking. Countless leche flan I have made when I was 10 years old, so many that – like the natural order of things - my interest finally panned out then eventually died down. I have moved on and not made it since.

Now, cooking is entirely a different ballgame. I have been cooking for so long as I can remember - an expectation for being the eldest child in the family. And so, cooking is an inherent love, for lack of a better term thereof. (Yes, I have digressed)

Not so long ago, I have unearthed the ugly truth that baking was after all part of my DNA. Deeply imprinted in my genetic make-up, re-calibrated to suit age and reason, indeed baking is here to stay. Lol. In hindsight, I was the daughter of the legendary woman - my Mom. After all.

Cooking transforms me into my fantasy world (kitchen gadgets galore which I am a sucker of. Hehehe). Cooking relaxes me. Truly. And provides me my quiet and “think” time – shuts me out from the noise of the daily grind. Baking does it too, believe it or not.

My little boy (that’s my darling husband, by the way), has been urging me to post my food photos for the longest time. And wants me to open a blogsite (or a cafĂ© in our dream world) due to numerous recipe requests from the office kids (my husband’s colleagues). Yes, they always take my cakes and eat them too. With less on my plate - that’s a pun, so pardon my French – of late, I might consider. Hmmm. But for now, I will accept my fate and show you what I have been up to these days.



No Set Menu is going to be THE name of our cafe/restaurant, if we ever are going to get hold of that dream, that is. For the meantime, this blogsite is my virtual cafe...world! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...