Thursday, February 10, 2011

Zucchini Muffins

One day my little boy came home from work with a 415g zucchini in his hand, then he proudly announced, "Baby, I got this from my colleague. She was giving zucchinis away from her garden", and so I tucked the zucchini away in the fridge, and wildly thought, Wow! big zucchini! Hehehe. Dear friends, what do you think I was thinking? To be honest, I have completely forgotten about the zucchini while I did more playtime with eggs, flour, and sugar until that fateful afternoon when I came across this recipe from yahoo food. Hence, these savory zucchini muffins;



Ingredients
375g zucchini
1 large white onion
3 rashes of bacon
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup SR flour
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
5 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C

1.  Chop onion and bacon into small pieces and cook in a pan for a few minutes so they are soft and the flavours have been released.
2.  Grate the unpeeled zucchini and cheese and place in a large mixing bowl.
3.  Add in all the ingredients
4.  Grease the muffin tray then place large dollops of mixture into each cup (alternatively you can use cupcake liners)
5.  Put in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...